Review: Hotel Transylvania 2

There's a reason they're called a litter.

I never saw the first Hotel Transylvania, my kid was still an infant, so I never bothered. Thankfully you don't need to see the first one to follow along.

Dracula (Adam Sandler) is a new grandfather after his daughter Mavis (Selena Gomez) has a son with her human husband Jonathan (Andy Samberg). Fast forward five years, and he still doesn't have his fangs. Dracula is having trouble accepting that his son might actually be a human instead of a vampire.

Of all the animated films I've taken my son to this year, this is the one he laughed the hardest in. Same with me, this movie has some hilariously stupid moments. I'm a sucker for some of the voice actors in this, like Steve Buscemi and Keegan Michael Key. My only complaint - the music. I love Mark Mothersbaugh, but I hate when films overly feature one artist just because they're also a voice actor. In this case, that person is Selena Gomez. It was just too much. My husband complained about the same thing in Home. (With Rihanna) 

Recommended: Yes

Grade: B-

Memorable Quote: "Big foot is doing really well in the German football league." - Dracula (Adam Sandler)

Comments

  1. I was late to the party with the first film and I was pleasantly surprised, so I'm really looking forward to the sequel! Glad to see you enjoyed it :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually preferred this to almost ugly crying in Inside Out. lol I hope you like it too.

      Delete
  2. I love the first film and so does, surprisingly my hubby and we both want to see this one. Sounds like the first film which is good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to watch it now since my son liked this one so much.

      Delete
  3. Never saw the first one, so I'm avoiding this one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also never saw the first one but this one is great film. Thumbs to you for sharing this beautiful post. To enjoy this flick, Watch Hotel Transylvania 2 Online in HD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum