Indie Gems: In Fear

Look closer.

I first heard about this film from Dan when he reviewed it on his blog. He straight up said, while this hits many of the normal horror movie cliches, it's still something more. He was right.

Tom (Iain De Caestecker) and Lucy (Alice Englert) met only a few weeks ago, but are going on a date to a music festival. Tom decides to surprise Lucy by taking her to a beautiful looking hotel for the night, but when they get lost trying to find it, they realize something far more sinister is at play.

Yes, Tom and Lucy make the typical horror movie mistakes, but where this story goes is quite fascinating, and I certainly didn't expect the end result. Most of this film is shot with them driving in a car, lost in a maze. That makes it feel extra creepy. I'm a big fan of De Caestecker, he's the best actor on Agents of SHIELD and was wonderful in The Fades. I'll really watch this guy in anything, and that's what drove me to see this film. I'm glad I did.

In Fear won't change anything about the horror genre, but it's a good little film to watch and is currently on Netflix Instant. 

Grade: B

Memorable Quote: "I already told you what happened." - Tom (Iain De Caestecker)

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun movie to watch with The Hubby with a glass of wine. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's very creepy. I hope you get a chance to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this one...now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of love Iain De Caestecker. I'll see anything with him.

      Delete
  3. I liked this one, too. The terror looks real from the beginning... how the got lost and got followed by strangers, 'cause they really got lost and the director never told them where to go. Seriously, this is an example of a good experiment of making creepy movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum