2014 Screen Actors Guild nominations

The SAGs are upon us! Here's a list of the nominees. My thoughts as always, follow in green.


Ensemble Cast
12 Years a Slave
American Hustle
August: Osage County
Dallas Buyers Club
The Butler

Personally, I would've replaced Prisoners with August: Osage County. That movie just does not look interesting. At all.

Lead Actor
Bruce Dern, Nebraska
Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave
Tom Hanks, Captain Phillips
Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Forest Whitaker, The Butler

I can imagine the Oscar lead category to look just like this. Dern is the wild card.

Lead Actress
Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Judi Dench, Philomena
Meryl Streep, August: Osage County
Emma Thompson, Saving Mr. Banks

I was hoping Amy Adams would sneak in. I still won't count out Adele Exarchopoulos. She could still get in there.

Supporting Actor
Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
Daniel Bruhl, Rush
Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave
Janes Gandolfini, Enough Said
Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

There was a lot of surprises in this category for me. Abdi being the biggest one. I wasn't expecting Bruhl or Gandolfini either. I can't imagine the Oscar, Globes of BAFTA nominations matching this category exactly.

Supporting Actress
Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
June Squibb, Nebraska
Oprah Winfrey, The Butler

I'm so happy for Lupita Nyong'o. Give her this award now.

Television Stunt Ensemble:
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Homeland


Film Stunt Ensemble:
All Is Lost
Fast and Furious 6
Lone Survivor
Rush
The Wolverine


Actor — TV Movie or Miniseries
Matt Damon, Behind the Candelabra
Michael Douglas, Behind the Candelabra
Jeremy Irons, The Hollow Crown
Rob Lowe, Killing Kennedy
Al Pacino,
Phil SpectorThat's cool that The Hollow Crown got in here. I have it in my Netflix queue. Mostly for Tom Hiddleston

Actress – TV movie or Miniseries
Angela Basset, Betty & Coretta
Helena Bonham Carter,
Burton and TaylorHolly Hunter, Top of the Lake
Helen Mirren, Phil Spector
Elisabeth Moss, Top of the Lake



Actor – Drama Series
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Jeff Daniels,
The NewswroomPeter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

Fuck yeah Bryan Cranston! I can't believe they chose Dinklage over Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. I love Dinklage, but NCW had the better story this season.


Actress – Drama Series
Claire Danes, Homeland
Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Kerry Washington, Scandal

I really hope Anna Gunn beats Claire Danes. I think Michelle Fairley deserves to be in here, but apparently only Lady Sati and I think that.

Actor – Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Jason Bateman,
Arrested DevelopmentTy Burrell, Modern Family
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Jim Parsons,
The Big Bang Theory
I wonder if Alec Baldwin will win this for the 8th year in a row?


Actress – Comedy Series

Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep

Yay for Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Boo for Mayim Bialik. (I'm sorry, that actress just rubs me the wrong way)

Ensemble – Drama

Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland

I'm psyched for Breaking Badd, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk.

Ensemble – Comedy

30 Rock
Arrested Development
The Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Veep

I'm sure Modern Family will win this again, but I'd love to see someone new take it home. Like Veep or Big Bang Theory.

 


 

 

Comments

  1. I don't know what the hell happened with Fairley nomination. Had they all lost their minds? The Hollow Crown....I need to see that. I'm having Hiddles fever lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get Hiddles fever every time I go on Tumblr. lol.

      Delete
  2. Prisoners love would've been great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum