Weird Horror Wednesday: Daddy's Deadly Darling

Rupert Pupkin has been posting many other film fan's favorite underrated horror movies. Some of the titles brought me back to a time when I was around 13-14 and my friends and I would rent crappy horror VHS tapes from the video store. There are 5 Wednesdays this October, and every Wednesday I'm going to post musings on a different horror movie. These are by no means great movies, in fact, all of them are pretty terrible, but they stick with me for one reason or another.


*This movie wasn't called 'Daddy's Deadly Darling' when I watched it. It was called 'Pigs." I'm still unsure which title is more widely used nowadays.

*For a long time, I swear no one believed me when I told them this movie existing. (Probably because of the title change) I always referred to it as 'Pigs' and I was pretty thrown off by the thought of little Wilburs and Porkys eating people.

*When I eventually came across this movie again when I was older, I realized there was a ton of sexual references that went way over my head. The entire plot is basically about a woman escaped her sexually abusive father. I don't know how I missed all of that.

*I don't know if I would call Pigs "campy," I'd surely call it "gross." It's definitely not something I'd ever watch again out of curiosity, but the two times I did watch it stay with me well enough.

Have you seen Pigs? What did you think?

Comments

  1. Never heard of this? I've tried putting both titles in IMDB but can't seem to find this exact movie. What's it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's under Daddy's Deadly Darling. It's about this chick that runs away to this gas station/farm, and she helps murder people and the owner feeds them to his pigs. It's weird.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum